Monday, November 27, 2023

 

IF I COULD USE MY WORDS - A POEM BY DONOVAN BALDWIN

If I could use my words 

I would use them to:


Tease you, tantalize you, tempt you,

Cajole, caress, and comfort you.


Take you, wrapped in love's embrace

To the heights of ecstasy,

And further still...


Until...


Gasping with the pleasure of the ride,

You collapsed with me once more,

Upon the breast of Earth.


I would use my words to:


Bring you to your knees, 

Pledging undying love,

And a willingness to 

Do my bidding in all ways


So that I could have the joy

Of freeing you from that pledge.


If I could use my words so well,

I would use them

To make you speak the truth

About the deepest secrets and desires

Within your heart.


And, with my words, I would assure

That you never doubted

Your secrets would be kept.


But, never could I use my words

To hurt, harm, or disrespect 

The pure, sweet soul 

Within your breast.


 - Copyright November 27, 2023 by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?