Thursday, February 27, 2020

 

POEMS AND HAIKU WRITTEN BY DONOVAN BALDWIN, JANUARY 14, 2020

The naked flower
Blushes not at
Its being bare,
For that is a
Sharing of its
Beauty,
The purpose
It was created for.
It blushes at
The happy joy
And ardent love
Upon the face
Of the gardener,
Who loves it
So intently.

-----

cannot help sadness
it's a part of who i am
wait for it to pass

-----

and still it flows this
stream of time and memory
which hides the future

-----

pounded by the surf
awash in sensual tides
open ecstasy

-----

Perhaps the sky has made me gray today
Painted me with today's dawn colors
Of mist and smoke, left me wanting
The true rising of the sun,
My favored glows and growing
Pinks and purples and burning golds,
Which give way to bright blue skies
And a few floating clouds for accent.

-----

i'm walking talking
scattering my ideas
in all directions

-----

see with my glad eyes
the vision you are to me
and smile as you do

-----

voices pass away
into old realities
born new memories

-----

kiss me till i tire
whenever that may occur
in some distant age

-----

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?