Thursday, July 19, 2018

 

Lover's Tale

Lover's Tale
By: Donovan Baldwin


On wet gray stones my boot heels clattered,
Echoes from silent walls... as if it mattered,
That she and I had passed this way,
And, parted at the dawn of day.

One hurried night of thoughtless pleasure,
While taken to its coarsest measure,
Within my heart a bright light gleamed,
It had been more than what it seemed.

Touched, oh yes touched deeply by,
The lady who had caught my eye,
Who I had claimed so casually,
Yet, tossed aside so soon to be...

And yet, twas I was caught within,
As net of love rose from our sin,
And as I heard the first bell toll,
She left ME there, a joke so droll.

As I lay, unbelieving and heartsore,
She left my world and shut the door,
And let the darkness in my soul,
Yes, on ME a joke so droll.

19 July 2018

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?