Thursday, November 23, 2023

 

IF SHE COULD HEAR MY DREAMS - A POEM BY DONOVAN BALDWIN

 If she could hear my dreams,

I wonder what she would feel...

What she would say

To me.


In darkness of the early morning

I lay awake in bed

Thinking of her,

Wishing I could say,

So many things.


I drifted back to sleep,

And, in a dream,

She came to me, 

Walking down a long hall,

In a flowing robe,

To where I sat on a sofa.


She sat beside me,

On the arm of the sofa

Leaning over me,

So close

I could have kissed her.


I wish I had.


In my dream we talked.


I used all the words 

I want to use, and,

I like to believe,

She might want to hear.


Words that cannot be spoken

When awake.


Then I awoke, 

The image of her face,

Still in my mind,

If not my eyes.


The pleasure of her visit lingered,

Her nearness still a part,

Of the air around me,

A bit of dream slowly melting away,

To be replaced by the emptiness

Of a reality where

My words could only

Be spoken,

In a dream,

Which she could not hear.


Copyright November 23, 2023 by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?