Monday, February 24, 2020

 

POEMS AND HAIKU WRITTEN JANUARY 11, 2020 BY DONOVAN BALDWIN

By Donovan Baldwin

softer than my dreams
warmer than my heart's desires
very real woman

-----

neath so many stars
high roof of nature's boudoir
make love by moonlight

-----

Speak not to me,
Of what "man" is or is not,
For each of these homonids,
So difficult to define
Or understand,
Is different...
From neighbor,
From stranger,
From yesterday's self,
From another century's ancestor,
From future progeny...
From 6 AM this morning.

-----

How did it happen?
What does it mean?
Two different questions,
Yet, two sides of one coin,
Perhaps, for, so much of existence,
Must, for we humans,
Be explained...
In its origins and antecedents
And our predictions and
Expectations.

-----

I've heard it said that perception is reality. David Hume differentiates between essentially outward perceptions, which he calls "impressions", and, essentially inner perceptions, which he calls "ideas". Both are perceptions, and both can rule us.

-----

hoofbeats like drumbeats
history's heartbeats happen
begin the story

-----

Tale of Two Cities,
An early adventure tale for me,
I read of the stage
"lumbering up Shooter's Hill".
Even then the poet
I latched on those words,
And, years later, 1981,
In a 4 cylinder Opel,
Lumbered up Shooter's Hill,
Myself,
In awe of tracing Dickens'
Fictional coach, and,
That my own ancient chariot,
Had made it.

-----

Claude Du Val, the highwayman,
Stopped the Highgate stage,
Gentlemanly sort of thief,
I'm told, by the ladies,
Lightened of their valuables,
And, perhaps of a few sighs,
For he was a polite and gallant lad,
Or so I'm told, although,
A gent, lightened of their purse
Seems to think otherwise.

-----

I don't want to die,
But I,
Will raise my hand again,
Take the oath,
And then,
Shoulder pack and rifle,
Move forward,
Do not trifle,
For I am veteran,
Woman, man,
Proud of what I was,
And will be again, because,
I belive in the oath I said,
So you sleep peacefully in bed.

-----

i'm so far away
let me be there making love
touch yourself for me

-----

Copyright February 2020 by Donovan Baldwin







Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?