Sunday, October 20, 2019

 

POEMS, COMMENTS, AND HAIKU BY DONOVAN BALDWIN, SEPTEMBER 26, 2019

Blue jays and mockingbirds
Bright red cardinals
Birdsong and sunshine,
The memories of boyhood,
The wild wind in the trees,
Up from the bay, where
The surf rolled and beat
Upon the shore near enough
To be a part of a boy's life
And the memory of the man.

-----

kisses start my day
her warm morning sweetness
marmalade on toast

-----

you are a goddess
my idol of happiness
altar of pleasure

-----

soft against your skin
those warm words upon my breath
become caresses

-----

garden of embrace
flower of welcome desires
fruit of our passion

-----

my mind's subtlety
it weaves thought and word into
images of you

-----

when you're making love
physical sex isn't all
make it personal

-----

my fingers like lace
barely touching revealing
the beauty of you

-----

my words as fabric
so sheer and diaphanous
you are seen through them

-----

Copyright October 2019 By Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?