Wednesday, December 05, 2018

 

POEM: ONE NIGHT THE MOON...

By Donovan Baldwin



One night the moon shone down on me,

As I sat upon the sand at water's edge.

She asked politely, for the Moon is a lady,

"Why do you sit here on this shore alone?"



I replied, "I love someone so very far away."

"Then tell her this," the Moon said, gently.

I shook my head, as a dark cloud crossed

The sky, and the face, of the caring Moon.



"This I cannot do," said I, head bowed.

"Duty binds me here, too far away."

A chill wind blew across dark water,

And, I shivered, both with cold and loss.



Warm Moon spoke, "My light will speak for you.

I will shine down outside her home each night,

With poems and messages of love you send,

So, she, seeing me, will think of you."



I asked, "How will she ever know, that,

Your silver beams are messages of love,

Sent by this humble poet?" I asked in doubt.

Moon smiled brightly at my lack of faith.



"She will know," sweet Moon replied,

"She already knows my beams are love.

Until now, she did not know from whom."

One night the Moon, said this to me.



Copyright 2017 by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?