Saturday, August 04, 2018

 

Poem: Peace

By Donovan Baldwin

Blow wind, and drive away
Demons of earth and air.
They do confuse the minds of men,
And bring nearer the hot breath of death.

I seek not for myself,
Nor teach my children,
A hatred for "them",
Especially based only
On the fact that "they"
Live there and we live here,
Fearing us as we fear them.

I would offer out my hand,
And speak the word for "friend",
If "they" would/could do the same.

But, "they" don't trust me,
Although "they" have never met me.

My leaders say that "they" are evil,
Their leaders say the same of me.
I believe most are no more "evil",
Than you and I.

Perhaps the "leaders",
Theirs and mine,
Should go somewhere, and,
Have their own war,
And leave "us" out of it.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?