Wednesday, September 18, 2024

 

IN THE MOONLIGHT AND OTHER ORIGINAL POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN, AUGUST 8, 2024

In the moonlight among the trees

Another natural thing she stands

Bare and naked worshipping Selene,

Eyes lifted skyward, arms outstretched

Welcoming the silver pouring over her body

Aware of how she fills her lover's eyes,

Smiling as, lowering her eyes she sees,

His naked adoration that she,

Naked in moonlight, has inspired.


-----


makes it seem easy

writes me love words that i read

perfect seduction


-----


i immerse myself

salt sweet nectar of venus

font of my desire


-----


pour myself into

your dry and empty places

so long lacking love


you eagerly suckle

brew of mutual desires

keeping some to share


pouring from yourself

filling my empty places

saving more for later


-----


words from a stranger

touch in most forbidden ways

words from a lover


-----


berries dipped in cream

sucking her hard tipped candies

delicious desserts


-----


as you would for me

secure that love will bring me back

i will wait for you


-----


i dare give you love

knowing that you must explore

love that you would dare


-----


kneel naked darling

presenting yourself proudly

goddess of desire


-----


yes you pose naked

for i choose to write you so

poetic license


-----


fingers in the stream

seek the source of ecstasy

she paddles upstream


-----


near me in the dark

ancient paean she intones

fills me with desire


-----


so often pleasure

others will define as sin

badly misused word


-----


i am consumed by

all the colors of her fire

a passionate byre


-----


storm surge of my tongue

separating petals

striking blossom's core


-----


i will let you go

for you must be free to leave

if i'm to keep you


-----


though goddess you be

don't mock my adoration

respect runs both ways


-----


naked before me

prepared to give herself for

true and honest love


-----


never weep for me

the sad way my life ended

words all i had left


-----


no beauty in myself

let me paint you with my words

pose for me a while


-----


each day spent alone

only living through my words

until night's darkness


-----


it's lonely this place called life


-----


behind simple words

i hide my heartfelt desires

my wish to touch you


-----


play music softly

so that i may hear my thoughts

singing about you


By Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?