Friday, August 23, 2024

 

YOUR PASTEL PAGES AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN, AUGUST 1, 2024

Your pastel pages

Fluttering beneath the pen,

Pearlescent ink barely seen,

Underlining and marking,

The curves and folds,

Of the delicious flower,

Precious cup from which

Poet drinks his wine.


-----


tastes words one by one

as they drip my mouth to hers

become poetry


-----


look into your eyes

imagining the thoughts you hide

behind quiet fire


-----


life's greyscale rainbow

yesterday a happy day

today sad shadows


-----


no longer restrained

released from one set of bonds

gives herself to him


-----


never saw your face

yet i know you're beautiful

your words have told me


never touched your skin

yet I've left words written there

by your gentle hand


never heard your voice

yet i know sighs in the dark

have followed my words


-----


your kiss saps my strength

your embrace restores my youth

i need both to live


-----


serving me coffee

wearing my pajama shirt

carefully unbuttoned


-----


why you can't love me

i'm too old and you're so young

i just want you happy


-----


She put on a show about sin

Delightfully uncovered skin,

She showed him the way

Nice girls shouldn't play,

And then she invited him in.


-- Donovan Baldwin



Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?