Monday, August 26, 2024

 

WHEN YOUR WORDS APPEAR, AND OTHER ORIGINAL POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN, AUGUST 4, 2024

 when your words appear

i know poetry's arrived

because it's from you


-----


you frighten yourself

intensity of desires

bursting into flame


-----


in the august rain

drops tapping out a lover's tune

background to kisses


-----


didn't mind your sins

and then you accepted mine

shared and compared


-----


could have anyone

somehow she picked a poet

fairy tale of course


-----


wish my love to love

who and when and how she will

that is how i love


-----


suddenly you're here

granting me in loving ways

the gift of yourself


-----


you are the name of love

the delightful figure in the night

who shares the stars and moon


-----


never again to know

wild embrace of willing arms

the arching of delight

surging cries of ecstasy


-----


she so touched my heart

by giving me all of herself

entirely trusting


-----


how long will linger

thoughts of what we might have had

if fate were kinder


-----


i left you behind

took my memories with me

cruel to both of us


never forgot you


-----


watch for you daily

wishing and wondering if...

that's it that's all... if


-----


never been a lover

yet i've always been in love

with you and you and you


------


use me she told me

and so i did what she said

to break my own heart


-----


never weep for me

pain has all been caused by me

by loving too much


-----


life's been a struggle

how'd i ever get this far

without dying


-----


i typed love letters

well disguised as poetry

written just for you


-----


her eyes filled with love

lips to speak of sweet desire

yet remains faceless


-----


legs wrapped around me

held up by the wall and me

sex in the hallway


-----


would you if you could

do that thing you've not yet dared

yet dream of daily


-----


downpour of desire

daunting deluge of delight

delicious desserts


-----


wind stirs autumn leaves

raising them in colorful swirls

like billowing skirts


-----


you left me for dead

yet somehow i found the strength

to follow forever


-----


picking through your words

finding out your needs and wants

saving them in poems


-----


i write you often

yet you answer so seldom

yet i write again


-----


sprawled upon the bed

lovers' new positions of passion

tangled in each other


--...


capturing fingers

tightly woven pathway leads

him to her grotto


-----


i'm a silent man

just fingers know how to speak

i hope you hear them


-----


never heard you say

that you cared one bit for me

like i cared fo you


-----


he immerses her

in another baptism

of a carnal source


-----


i did it for you

write a poem about me

make me immortal


------

Original poetry by Donovan Baldwin, Fort Worth Texas


Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?