Sunday, August 25, 2024

 

ALONE TOGETHER, AND OTHER ORIGINAL POETRY BY DONOVAN BALDWIN, AUGUST 3, 2024

alone together

hand in hand we stroll your paths

among your petals


-----


when YOU are ready

that's when the time will be right

let no one push you


-----


I've never met you

yet think about you often

set you down in words


-----


it's not about me

but i'm having so much fun

watching you take wing


-----


in some of your words

mark me down as accomplice

for the part i played


-----


i dreamed you loved me

something that can never be

let me have the dream


-----


looked into his sky

where she found a different star

pulsing with desire


-----


serene in the knowledge

that they'll never be perfect

accept for each other


-----


yours the only heart

calling to me with heartbeats

that my heart can hear


-----


it amazes me

so many poems you've caused

sharing your purpose


-----


hooked on poet's words

poems make her strip her soul

exposing herself


-----


keep my fire alive

feed me the fuel for my flames

your burning desires


-----


in love it matters

that our pleasing ourselves

makes each other happy


-----


holding her he asks

do your desires frighten you

let's conquer them together


-----


do i respect you

despite daring words you write

or because you dare write them

i hope you know why


-----


i always seek you

whether i'm happy or sad

because i always need you


-----


some won't understand

the way poetry releases

the body and mind


-----


hammer of fingers

taut and straining vibrations

shatter need's crystal


-----


why do i not speak

it's not my place or time

i am not wanted


-----


odd this memory

i remember loving you

in lives not YET lived


-----


i would give you all

if i had anything to give

other than poems


-----


poet falls silent

without words i am nothing

just whispers on a breeze


-----


i recall my youth

delicious and delightful sins

committed now in dreams


-----


much as i desire

you will never be my love

except in my heart


-----


she desires but fears

this offering of herself

for the sake of love


he'll never allow

the indiscriminate use

of body or soul


yet he will guide her

into darkness she desires

guard and protect her


-----


perhaps tomorrow

the day my love returns to me

back from her darkness


-----


naked you're floating

a dance upon my back

face down on my skin

-----

Original poetry by Donovan Baldwin











Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?