Saturday, November 25, 2023

 

HAVE I ONCE KNOWN YOU IN SOME OTHER PLACE OR TIME - A POEM BY DONOVAN BALDWIN

Have I once known you in Some other place or time?

Were we lovers then,

Winging forward to the now,

Where we find ourselves

United as before?


These eyes, these lips,

Seeming delightfully new,

Are yet, somehow,

So famliar, and,

Joyful to behold,

To touch once more...


Or so it seems, that

You and I once were one,

Lost to one another...


Seeking through eternity,

For that one who

Filled and made us whole.


I gaze upon you,

Reach for you,

In your newness to

This time and place,

And, with wonderment,

Confused by familiarity

And ease, must ask,

In this now and here...


Have I known you in

Some other place or time?
Copyright November 25, 2023 by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?