Sunday, April 02, 2023

 

HER PENT UP DESIRES, AND OTHER MICROPOEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN

By Donovan Baldwin


her pent up desires

swore herself to keep hidden...

the secrets he sought


-----


holds her lips apart

kiss beginning or at end...

open promises


-----


i lost sight of love

just how brightly it can shine...

in the darkest hours


-----


her colors arrive

touching my heart before spring...

our special season


-----


memories wander

light and dark some good some bad...

sometimes bad ones stick


-----


sometimes my old wounds

open beneath life's demands...

bleeding for a while


-----


no peace or quiet

constant noise and vibration...

shattering my thoughts


-----


near the train's too loud

fading into the distance...

leaves us quiet thoughts


-----


a lover's question

does love end and lust begin...

can they coexist


-----


with a small sadness

i quit following my dreams...

they never noticed


-----


dancer transitions

urban gray to forest green...

vibrantly alive


-----


i guess i shamed her

allowng her to see true me...

for she turned away


-----


listen for her voice

all i can hear are footsteps...

as distant echoes


-----


said she loved my words

yet never heard from again...

guess she forgot me

-----


Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?