Friday, June 26, 2020

 

YOU ARE WHEAT FIELD, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN JUNE 1, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

You are wheat field,
A sea of uncut grass,
An oasis, soft dewy
Resting place of
Refreshment, a loving
Embrace and sharing
Of self in the most
Intimate of ways,
Unashamed and naked,
A natural land of
Hard tipped hills
Volcanic forces
Quivering before
A climactic eruption.

-----


her lips are smiling
her hand is beckoning me...
how can i say no

-----

send me a selfie
no photo but your true words...
to remember you

-----

she rains upon me
bold storm from gentle lover...
left wet and shaking

-----

your taste on my lips
feel of your body on mine...
leaving me longing

-----

writing words for her
she quivers at their touches...
at poems within

-----
Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Painting: Nude in Sunlight, by Renoir

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?