Tuesday, June 23, 2020

 

I WOULD WATCH THE STORMS, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN APRIL 26, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

I would watch the storms
Walls of rain clearly defined
Walk, as we say, across the bay,
Purple black streaks painted
From dark sky to dark water,
A silent mysterious torrent
Full of thunder and lightning,
Power displayed too far away,
Yet oncoming reality.

-----

In night's darkness,
The slightly darker
Waves in moonlight,
Curl with glowing crests,
Covering the sand
And receding,
Leaving the wet shore
Glistening somewhere
Between brown and silver,
And a salt spray smell,
Lingers with the echo,
Of the wave now gone.

-----

a warrior gone
battle armor gloves and mask...
death on the front line

-----

each sunrise sunset
watch well and remember all...
this time comes but once

-----

in her secret place
there hides my long vagrant muse...
silent in my ear

-----

if the rain be tears
you become my raging storm...
before which i break

-----

I need no paints
To draw my love,
Nor does she need,
Paints to draw me on,
For the model as she sits
Is the woman I wish to have
Not paints and powders
Baubles added to
Lips I wish to kiss,
Body I long to hold.
Heart I wish were mine.

-----

instead of angel
real experienced woman...
warm true and willing

-----

prisoner am i
life and happiness forfeit...
pacing in my cell

-----
Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Painting: The Wave (1869) by Gustave Courbet

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?