Sunday, June 28, 2020

 

HER MOST LOVING KISS, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN JUNE 3, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin


her most loving kiss
lips swollen with her desire...
i savor the taste

-----

she tends her flower
garden hidden from my gaze...
watching me watch her

-----

How long have we
And flowers lived together,
They surviving, despite
The destructive nature
Of we sometimes
Abstruse animals,
Who often fail to
Realize how much
Quiet blossoms
Have given us in
Love and beauty.

-----

raising no alarm
sun makes quiet announcement...
first news of the day

-----

my love's greedy buds
demanding my attention...
i treat tenderly

-----

lovers drunk at dusk
sipping deeply from love's cups...
insatiable thirst

-----

Once in Holland,
I saw a mill,
Arms waving,
Blessing,
All who passed,
Present, past,
And future,
Even Quixote,
Whom it forgave,
For his mistake and
Violent attack,
Misunderstanding
In his madness
The benevolent
Gestures as
Belligerence.

-----

i entreat flowers
share with me the mystery...
make me nature's child

-----

The morning sunrise
Enlivened by the
Song of an errant bird,
Colored by golden clouds,
The brightest greens of
Grass and trees,
And flowers...
The wild ones,
Growing willy nilly,
Coloring the canvas
Even more that I
Hang happily in
Each day's museum
Of my mind.

-----

My voyages of discovery,
My trips into strange lands,
In seek of knowledge
And wisdom, where I
Gather all information,
Experience,
And thinking thereon,
Arrive at one major
Conclusion, that I,
Grand adventurer
Seeker of truth
And beauty, truly,
Am seeking,
Discovering myself.

-----
Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Sculpture: The Kiss, by Auguste Rodin

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?