Saturday, May 09, 2020

 

LOVE'S LIKE AN OCEAN, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN, WRITTEN APRIL 4, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

love's like an ocean
its tides so deeply flowing...
floating wet and warm

-----

ocean's quenching waves
cooling my fires of desire...
for all but my love

-----

sounds of talking waves
stories told in distant tongues...
i sit and listen

-----

warm waves on my toes,
steals the sand beneath my feet...
we hold each other

-----

kiss in the shallows
holding on in surging surf...
dragging us deeper

-----

wearing funny hats
cake and ice cream we're naked...
a private party

-----

rocks in the water
bare feet on sharp barnacles...
tendrils of blood swirl

-----

dark streets of munich
annie's at the rhumba bar...
my old memories

-----

i bought her flowers
sad rosie the prostitute...
working her birthday

-----

so damn many scars
a few happy memories...
how i became me

-----

I knew he was crazy,
But, he had no real friends.
I took him with me,
To Munich,
To The Rhumba Bar.
Didn't like the booze,
The service,
The girls.
Asked me to get the car,
Ran out,
Jumped in,
Drive!!!
I slashed their seats!
My favorite dive.
Couldn't go back.
The owner, Eddie the Jockey
Was good with a knife...
Too.

-----

let's not be fancy
stick to plain words and kisses...
no embellishments

-----

heavy lidded eyes
many soft and sleepy sighs...
carry you to bed

-----

tuck you tightly in
with many goodnight kisses...
stand watch by your side

-----

i taste your story
savoring the spicy parts...
fingers mark the spot

-----

Poems copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin






Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?