Wednesday, April 29, 2020

 

IMPRISONED BY AN ANCIENT WIZARD, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN MARCH 30, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

Imprisoned by an ancient wizard,
Cursed and locked away within
The crumbling prison of my mind,
Condemned to be eternal poet,
Unable to cease my loving labors,
Rewarded and punished at one time,
Damned to write and write until
The words have ceased to flow,
In some universe I hope to never reach.

-----

girlfriend or sweetheart
short and simple words to speak...
lover means much more

-----

poetry can't die
yet like the prettiest plant
ignored turns to dust

-----

Where are you now?
What are your thoughts?
The secrets of your hands?
Do you, there upon your bed,
Think of me, your hands,
Substitutes for mine,
Making love as I would,
Following the thoughts
Within my loving,
Lustful, inventive mind?
Do you moan and sigh,
With loneliness
Desire,
And fulfillment
In my present absence?

-----

Many faceted mirror
Reflection of my shattered soul,
Light and shadow
In kaleidoscopic display,
Fleeting images of
Who and what I am,
That even I do not,
Recognize as the being,
Inhabiting my body.

-----

Would I could write the words,
A scintillating web of poetry,
Which bedazzles my beloved,
Makes the moon turn pale with envy,
At my ability to turn romantic
The most common of commonalities,
And out muse my muse with
The ardent desires hidden
Within the calmest loving words.

-----

moonlight dazes me
your face in light and shadow...
i can't stop looking

-----

if it's sin to love
or show you how much i do...
i stand here condemned

-----

Despite terrors,
Write with errors
Grammatical,
Wild words
Dramatical.
Wrong spelling,
Telling,
Truth,
Forsooth,
Teaching,
Reaching,
Behind,
Into the mind,
Write shortly,
Longly,
Wrongly,
But, come off the shelf,
And write of yourself.

-----

Let us pluck wild fruit,
And in the afternoon breeze,
Bite into the forbidden treats,
As the sweet juices
Run down our cheeks,
Laughing at the sharing,
Kissing to catch each drop,
Of the tempting sweetness,
Feeding one another
Tiny bits so overpowering,
Love's dessert our entree.

-----
Original Poetry by Donovan Baldiwn
Art: Painting, The Alchemist, by Andrei Moga


Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?