Thursday, April 09, 2020

 

DEDICATION TO UNKNOWN FRIEND, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN MARCH 10, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

Dedication to unknown friend,
Perhaps lover?
Escamillo to Carmen?
Emilio to Christina?
Romeo to Juliet?
Cyrano to Roxanne?
Danny to Sandy?
A few lines of dedication,
Strangers' names,
On an inside page
Of poetry by Pablo Neruda
Rescued from a bin
Of second hand books
In Cincinnati.
Yet no strangers
To a poet.
Who were they?
Persons I'll never know,
Their affection understood,
Recorded for posterity,
Here with me.

-----

in predawn darkness
beneath silver moon I rise
aching for your touch

-----

tell me fantasies
secrets no one else may know
i'll make them come true

-----

moans and arching back
parted lips smoldering gaze
reward my touches

-----

Your naked garden
Blooms beneath my gaze
Growing higher
Brighter still,
Rising to the brushing of
My soft caresses...

Then...

Stroking your stippled skin
With tips of fingers,
Softer than
The petals of a rose,
You bloom and blossom,
Aching bud
Opening to
The warm
And loving pleasure
Of my touch.

-----

Let yourself be lover,
The woman who has always
Been hidden so deeply
Inside your being
Awaiting someone
To speak the truth to,
To share the erotic essence
Of your beating heart,
Taking his hand,
Placing it upon your breast
To share with him
The warmest kisses,
Most daring caresses,
And sweetest secrets,
Of your body
And your heart...

Let yourself be lover,
In that way,
Within the two guardians
Of my embracing arms,
My Love.

-----

Woman, she,
Ebony or ivory,
Or somewhere in between,
Perhaps beyond,
Woman still of mystery,
And tantalizing landscape,
Of her hard tipped hills,
Softly rolling velvet plains
Her warm welcoming grotto
Of earthy delights,
Which transport
These two loving mortals
To lands of uncommon
Fantasy and ecstasy.

-----

Twice my age,
She'd lived and loved
Twice as much as me
In years,
Multitudes more in love
Her body old
With years, but too
With experience
She shared
Passing me by
The obstacles
She had faced
And conquered,
Teaching me
The end made
The journey,
And the journey,
Was the pleasant way
To reach the end,
And begin again.

-----

leave me not tonight
forsaking body left with
memory's embers

-----

i've written your name
using ink of poetry
in secret places

-----

her fiery kisses
lead me willingly astray
never to return

-----

one taste of honey
from your unfolding blossom
dizzy with delight

-----

we carry so much
and pride can be heaviest
better share burdens

-----

lovers understand
intoxicating language
of kisses and touch

-----

wildly embracing
lovers toss off more than clothes
with all their restraints

-----

Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Photograph by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?