Thursday, March 26, 2020

 

THE MOON WAS WATCHING, AND OTHER POETRY BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN FEBRUARY 25, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

the moon was watching
as we made love in her light
heavenly voyeur

-----

my love's blossom drips
a hot nectar of desire
soothing elixir

-----

expose your true self
drop all veils of sin and shame
show yourself naked

-----

write me your story
with your heart mouth hands and eyes
tell me everything

-----

language confuses
we speak love physically
communicating

-----

poet hearing words
whispers on the evening breeze
paper cannot hold

-----

eyes dance to music
her warm smile the song's echo
turns to me... i hear

-----

touch her words lightly
examine them by candlelight
press them to my heart

-----

tilting her goblet
sharing love's magic potion
she pours into me

-----

your curving contours
drawn by my gliding fingers
warm as imagined

-----

Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Photograph, Moon Among The Trees, by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?