Sunday, March 08, 2020

 

SCRAPS OF PERSIAN POETRY, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN JANUARY 24, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin
Persian poet

Scraps of Persian poetry,
Japanese, Chinese, German,
Balinese, French, and Irish,
For the love of it...
That's the word... love...
Love songs of other places,
Races of this one race
Called mankind,
We, brother sister poets,
Singers of love songs,
We all hear and read and
Understand the warp and woof,
Of the poetic soul despite,
To our ears,
The oddness of the language,
For the inner colors of
Our souls are all the same.

-----

My friend, Sun, the artist
Awoke in a mellow mood today.
Lazily brushing
Pastel pink across the east,
Pastel gold along the west,
All against a bowl of blue
For a watercolor dawn.

-----

I was thinking about Spring
When I saw beside the path,
Small pink flowers
Timidly poking their tiny heads
Up among dead and frosted
Blades of grass,
Not sure if it's time
To spring forth,
Or to wait a while,
For warmer weather.
We'll wait together,
The tiny flowers and I.

-----

I lost some words.
They're around here somewhere,
Hiding from me.
They know I want to play with them,
And they're tired of me
Using them for my own pleasure.
Wish I knew how to
Make my words have fun.
Understand that I love them,
And want them to come out,
And play with me.

-----

Let's climb some hills,
Explore some caves,
Go for a dip in
A sacred grotto.
Let's smile and laugh
At the silliest things,
Made exciting,
Hilarious,
Because we're sharing them.
You and me.
That's what makes a good time,
Wherever we are,
Whatever we're doing...
Now, about those hills and caves...
And that grotto.

-----

Somewhere between mountains and the sea,
A field of flowers demands to be seen,
And lovers pass from one to the other
Happy to be wherever they are
As long as they can be together,
For it's not the place but the person,
Who makes you want to go again.

-----


Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?