Monday, March 02, 2020

 

Rest Ballerina and Other Poems Written January 18, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin
rest ballerina
how arduous your efforts
creating beauty

-----

ensnared by my words
bound by ardent poetry
willing submissive

-----

sunset's exposé
colorful production in
cinematic hues

-----

fore my yearning eyes
you pass aware of my gaze
and power you wield

-----

without touch i feel
without sight i can see you
always there for me

-----

written on my skin
poured into my thirsting mouth
your amorous words

-----

beneath the sky's fire
lit by sunset we ignite
bursting into flames

-----

beneath our blanket
we lovers perform our own
rising at the dawn

-----

poet i thought i
wrote you into existence
but learned you were real

-----

Most eclectic bookcase,
Built by my father into one wall,
Floor to ceiling with books
Literary guild,
Book of the Month Club,
Bible and Britannica
There I found
The old tattered book of poems,
Hunted Moby Dick,
Rode with the Musketeers,
And read of many troubles
I was too young to understand,
But, I learned at this school, this
Most eclectic bookcase.

-----

she sparkles glitters
a plethora of colors
my dancer of light

------


Copyright March 2020 By Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?