Friday, March 27, 2020

 

PACIFIC WAVES BEAT ROCKS, AND OTHER POEMS WRITTEN BY DONOVAN BALDWIN FEBRUARY 26, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

Pacific waves beat rocks
Leaping into the sky
With exultation
And exuberance,
In their tumultuous
Excitement, showing off,
For birds, sea lions,
Tourists,
Amateur photographers,
And lovers who love
Each other, and,
The leaping of the waves.

-----

touch my many scars
make the ancient pains abate
weep for old losses

-----

within our dark room
seeing with our roving hands
intimate details

-----

Yes, the rising of the sun
Half dreamed aroma of coffee,
The burgeoning mass of
Poetic thoughts pushing
Against the rusty gateway
Of my sleeping mind,
Strive to waken me,
But, it is the thoughts
I have of you and me,
Which rouse me,
In private ways,
To cast the covers back
And, with bare feet
Upon cold floor,
Rise to greet the day.

-----

You are a force
Immutable beyond expectation,
Seeing the soft warmth,
With which you approach,
Arms outstretched to embrace,
Bringing substance to
A rapidly misting
Creature lost in legend
And walking in lands
Of fantasy and legend,
Changing innocent mortals
Into confused historians
And wandering poets.

-----

warm beside my own
i sense your sleeping body
dream i'm not dreaming

-----

i awake at four
spending my next two gray hours
between sleep and dreams

-----

unconditional
unrestrained intimacy
carnal ecstasy

-----

Poetry and photograph copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?