Monday, March 09, 2020

 

IN SEARCH OF A ROSE, AND OTHER POETRY WRITTEN BY DONOVAN BALDWIN, JANUARY 25, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

in search of a rose
i wandered into your garden
found your soft petals

-----

my words ecstatic
sadness, gladness, hate, and love
written in fullness

-----

in cold solitude
i turn my back on the world
your warm hand in mine

-----

pray petals open
blushing blossom on display
sweet scented nectar

-----

fingers reach for dreams
neath my hand i think i grasp
the heat of your flesh

-----

I would not hold back the sun
But, there is that moment
In each arriving dawn,
When I wish the day
Would wait a moment,
Allow me to savor that
Morning glow that appears
Up in the sky and in my breast.

-----

the glow on your cheeks
deep rise and fall of your breast
says much more than words

-----

tell me you love me
but say no words make no sound
let your body speak

-----

peach blossom dances
in heat of burning desire
dripping with nectar

-----

dewdrops on petals
glistening on blushing bloom
desire's elixir

-----

breathe her sacred name
shibboleth to open dreams
where we become one

-----

Upon the air a hint of Spring,
A coming of flowers,
And new leaves upon the trees,
Sporting blossoms and birds,
As their festival attire,
Neath the long blue sky
Which will stretch across
The vault of the heavens,
Touched with gold and
Colors of empire at
Each end of the day.

-----

Copyright March 2020 by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?