Wednesday, March 04, 2020

 

BELLY DANCE INDEED, AND OTHER POEMS WRITTEN JANUARY 20, 2020

BY Donovan Baldwin

vintage belly dancer
Belly dance indeed,
Named for a reason
Central point of observation,
Never still for eyes to settle,
Gaze dancing from bright smile
Offering only more secrets
Just as those hinted at
By changing visions of
Breast and thigh and hips,
Face and body and arms,
In constant erotic motion
To the driving beat of
Music intended to arouse
Dancer and watcher.

-----

my angel lover
halo and robe on the floor
folds me in her wings

-----

this sweet entrapment
unintended seduction
by her honeyed words

-----

my second coffee
offering me promises
i hope it will keep

-----

moonlight lovemaking
isolated incident
or common affair

-----

you may touch my books
caress their pages with me
share their seduction

-----

her ancient lover
in a mist of memory
guides her heart and hand

-----

dearest instrument
touched with loving lips and hands
music bursting forth

-----

dearest instrument
touched with loving lips and hands
music bursting forth

-----

her voice soaring high
vibrato and tremolo
impure crescendo

-----

my chest becomes tight
emotions within me swell
i rise overcome

-----

never without you
each moment of every day
filled with your presence

-----

- Copyright March 2020 by Donovan Baldwin


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?