Wednesday, September 18, 2019

 

POEMS, COMMENTS, AND HAIKU BY DONOVAN BALDWIN, SEPTEMBER 17, 2019

Words unnecessary between us,
For, each glance you send my way,
Each spark, when your eyes catch mine,
The hint of your scent lingering
After you have passed,
The brief touch of hand to hip,
Brush of breast or thigh or butt,
Carries more "I love you's",
Than all our words.

-----

let's be intimate
hold one another naked
bare scarred souls on view

-----

singing silent songs
words tossed carelessly upon
breeze's melody

-----

I see your unseen face
Hear your unheard voice.
You are in the sky,
The Sun the Moon,
The millions of stars,
Even in the blackness of space,
Upon which they are displayed,
And you, you,
Are the voice of that choir
Which sings to me
In wind and rain and birdsong,
And my own words.

-----

you, night's shyest star
snuggled into my warm arms
to be held in trust

-----

stepping as flowers
roses and other beauties
enter my garden

-----

if i mountain man
privateer or beachcomber
can live without love?

-----

To my south beats the great sea
Only small part of the oceans of the world,
Yet part of that larger all that touches
So many lands,
So many peoples,
So many ways,
Inland and around land,
Hovering about islands
Suspended in beauty
Upon the water which touches
All the other seas.

-----

It was a fire like ice
A cold flame burning
Daily within my soul,
Illuminating the dark,
Yet never heating me
For I have been so cold so long,
That the flame must be
So very bright and high indeed,
And yet, and yet...
You, brightest, warmest,
Drive away the cold
And make me warm.

-----

her spreading petals,
welcome special visitor
guest and host smiling

-----

unconditional
that's how we love each other
over and over

-----

your words move through me
becoming part of my thoughts
creating the new me

-----

i facing the sea
turning upon endless beach
in search of someone

-----

Copyright September 2019 by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?