Thursday, August 22, 2019

 

POEMS, COMMENTS, AND HAIKU BY DONOVAN BALDWIN, AUGUST 20, 2019

Another ad hoc day,
Actions,
Expectations,
Chosen,
Followed on a whim,
For all plans,
Best laid,
Or badly formed,
Are at another's whim,
The gods who manipulate
This wobbly universe,
Causing us to roll and bounce
From proverbial pillar to post,
Leaving bruised egos
To remind us.

-----

i long to kiss you
though it will never happen
still i keep the dream

-----

i wish i was there
wherever you are right now
anything with you

-----

left behind alone
in rows of duplicate days
battling my boredom

-----

tell me what you want
show me how you want it done
for joint ecstasy

-----

circle of my arms
strong loving cage within which
we claim each other

-----

pouring of my soul
loving words burning ichor
glorious madness

-----

if we could but touch
one contact between our skins
thunder and lightning

-----

somewhere between words
hidden behind thoughts i've shared
a message for you

if were not for you
many words would not exist
on my life's pages

you are history
and a future fantasy
written about us

-----

i must love myself
there's no one else to do that
one personal thing

-----

do you dare to live
fantasies my mind fashions...
mutual pleasure?

-----

listen to the rain
hear the poetry it speaks
its wordless cantos

-----

My favorite philosophers and poets
Are often faceless unknowns,
Passed over by experts
Who should know better.
MY favorites lurk within
The clearance bins
Of musty bookstores,
Their words heard by few,
And grateful for the light
I shine on them, as I,
Am grateful for their light.

-----

Incomplete thoughts:

Aren't they all?

I think to go to a place where more thoughts lead away on multiple paths.

My ADD/ADHD brain recognizes and accepts this, but, many people expect to "arrive" and put down roots.

Much has changed in my lifetime. One constant. Things change.

-----

i would not do that
not fall in love just once more
as i've said before

-----

forgive my desire
the sight of your naked mind
is so arousing

-----

i trust your touches
from your loving hands or mind
i'm open to you

-----

You look into mirrors,
Eyes gazing at you,
Seeing there a broken self.
I understand your pain
From the blows of life,
But, you are still here,
Still withstanding, and,
Acquiring,
A sculpted elegance
That comes to those
Who stand against the storm,
That IS your unbroken beauty.

-----

beneath the sunrise
welcoming sunflowers bloom
they cause me to smile

-----

Copyright August 2019 by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?