Wednesday, January 09, 2019

 

POEMS: January 9, 2019

By: Donovan Baldwin

DANCE FOR ME, SALOME

Dance for me Salome,
Move as you did for Herod.
Drive me insane with want,
Push me to the place,
Where all else fades,
Nothing matters,
But my desire for the woman,
Who can rule my heart,
Define my existence,
With just a look, a word,
A move.
Dance that way for me,
Just one time.
-----

THE MOVEMENTS OF HER BODY

With the movements of her body,
She can kill a man,
Or...
Make him want to live forever...
-----

GYPSY DANCER SUNRISE

When scarlet and gold
Of sunrise or sunset is just right,
I can smell a campfire,
Hear the cry of plaintive violins,
The claps and cries of the dancer,
As she whirls, her brightly decorated skirts
Flaring, sharing the exciting beauty
Of night, fire, music,
And her dance.
-----

CALLIOPE

Calliope,
A wondrous word,
Which, by its sound produces
Image of a mystic lady,
In flowing robe,
And...
Somewhere in the darkness of
The woods behind her,
A flute...
Played by skillful hand,
Perhaps...
By Pan himself.
-----

SEDUCTION

She seduced me...
Walked into my life,
Was who she was,
And, without trying,
Made me fall in love with
The reality,
The totality
Of her...
Not her fault,
She cannot help being
The woman she is,
Any more than I,
Can help loving her...
The woman that she is.
-----

I MUST TOUCH YOU

Can't help myself...
I MUST touch you,
With my hands,
With my body,
Each contact of flesh to flesh,
Electric,
Sending and receiving messages
That say "I love you..."
Again and again,
In a thousand words
In multiple languages
That the body can speak
Touching every possible way.
-----

FAVORITE SEXUAL POSITION?

My favorite sexual position?
"Yes."
That's always the best position to take.
Of course,
"More... please..."
Is a nice one too.
It's important to take a position you believe in...
And stick to it.
-----

SHE CAME AROUND THE CORNER

You never know
Who's going to walk around
The next corner of your life...
Could be the one
You've been waiting for,
The one who makes it all...
Worthwhile...
Finally...
Of course,
It CAN be a LONG wait.
But,
You never know...
Maybe today...
-----

FADED MEMORY

So long past,
That even memories of the memory,
Started to fade...
When...
A woman I had imagined
And given up on,
Walked in,
Sat down,
And listened.
Too late?
Maybe not.
Is "ever" too late?
Not as long as I am still alive.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?