Saturday, December 08, 2018

 

Short Love Poems 1

By Donovan Baldwin

I watch her,
As she crosses the room,
Rhythm of her hips,
A dance,
Breasts swaying freely,
Art in motion,
Her smile,
Watching me watch,
An invitation,
Her arms,
Safe harbor
Of her heart.
We come together,
Joined
Body and soul.

------

We all have our madnesses.
Mine are love, beauty, words, you...
Not sure what order.
Sometimes they all seem to be the same thing.

------

You are everything to me.
I can write and write and write about,
Draw, paint, paint, mold, sculpt, sing,
And point out beauty, but,
I care, I see, hear, feel,
Live each day in beauty,
Because of you.

------

The poet fool,
Troubadour of
Lovers everywhere,
Spills forth
His tales,
Rewarded,
With boos
And bitterness.

Poet by birth,
Fool by choice,
Lover by the gods.

Condemned by life,
To continuously
Play all parts,
Poet,
Troubadour,
Lover,
Fool,
Until death
As the gods laugh.

------

"I love you."
Echoes through me.
My words don't just come out
And GO somewhere.
They surround me,
Echo in mind and heart, and,
When you say them back,
It's a love song,
No one could ever write...
A love song that can only exist,
Never to be sung, only lived...
Forever, always.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?