Monday, November 19, 2018

 

POEM: EVERY DAY IS HALLOWE'EN

By: Donovan Baldwin



Every day is Hallowe'en,
As I mask myself with words,
Hoping to escape discovery.

My treat is being near you,
But, if you saw me as I am,
You would run away.

With my face confounded
By metaphors and rhymes,
I deceive you.

Appearing innocent
And naive to you.
Behind my woven words,

I hide the real face,
Of the old poet man,
Who can but recall past love.

Hidden by my words,
I approach, hoping you
Will gift true smile to me.

Believing you see only a poet,
Who, under false pretenses,
Sees you as a man does.

Every day is Hallowe'en,
So, I will knock, and knock, and knock,
Upon your heart's door,
Always leaving empty handed.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?