Wednesday, November 10, 2010
By Yoav Rosenberg
So what is article marketing?
Put very simply, article marketing is an online marketing strategy that requires you to create content-rich articles on topics that relate to your topic with links to your website embedded in them. I know this seems overwhelming at first, but it will make perfect since once you are able to get your head around the concept.
The theory behind article marketing is that you build credibility on a specific topic (the topic associated with your website) and then give readers valuable content on the topic. Your content will make you an authority on the topic in your reader's eyes. Hopefully, you will provide enough value that the reader will want to click on the link (to your website) to learn more on the topic or view products discussed in the article.
Let's stop talking about it and get to work! Follow these detailed steps to launch the most effective article marketing campaign possible:
1. Determine two keywords or keyword phrases associated with your website that you think people will put into search engines to find what they are looking for. These words can include your location and a brief description of your business or niche. For example, "Los Angeles drycleaners" or "Daytona book stores".
2. Write five articles on topics associated with the topic of your website and insert your specific keywords throughout the articles. Each keyword should appear two to three times throughout the article. Articles should be at least 500 words in length. Make sure that these articles are valuable to the reader and present them with information that they probably don't know.
3. Create a new, free member account at ezine.com. You can use a pen name (fake name) to create these accounts. You can make the "authority" on the topic whoever you want. For example, the author of your articles can be "Jake Smith", who has eight years of experience in your particular industry.
4. Complete the profile section with details about the author you have decided on. Add a picture (real or fake) to your profile. This will build your credibility.
5. Submit each of the five articles to ezine.com. The website has a detailed description of how to do this. Start by clicking on "Submit New Article." You will be prompted to enter information about the article, like the author, topic and even a short description that will entice readers to click on your article.
6. Copy and paste your valuable article into the "body" portion of the page. Make sure that it is formatted how you want readers to see it.
7. Enter your specific keyword phrases and any others into the box labeled "keywords". This will cause your article to pop up when someone searches for these particular keywords.
8. Then you will see the author's resource box. This is your time to shine and your opportunity to insert links to your free website. It is important that you execute this part of the campaign correctly. You need to come up with two to three sentences that state your experience on the topic and promote your site. You will need to use HTML code to make the links live. The resources on the site will tell you how to do this. Use your keywords as your anchor text in these links.
9. Click on "submit your article" and you are finished. Ezine.com editors review all articles and this process can take up to a week. Your article will go live on the site after it has been approved.
10. Once your article is live, you can monitor the views it has received and how many times people have clicked on the link. This will show you if your articles are effective in driving traffic to your website.
There you have it. That is a very small, but effective, blueprint for launching an article marketing campaign. Remember, you can continuously add articles to drive more traffic and even submit the same articles to a variety of different article submission sites.
Now get to creating content, because there is traffic out there waiting to visit your site!
Yoav Rosenberg is a amateur photographer, art enthusiast and article writer. he works as freelance SEO and SEM specialist,He is interested in expanding his knowledge on free website and is excited to contribute his own tips on the subject.
Article Source: Launching an Article Marketing Campaign for More Traffic
Want more traffic? Start an article marketing campaign.