Monday, November 21, 2005

 

It's hard, sometimes, to be a writer

By Donovan Baldwin

Write something everyday.

Fortunately, I have over 40 years of writing at my disposal. I can always rework an article or poem, or, in this day of websites that I never get around to completing, I can add a poem written over 20 years ago to a website that I created 2 years ago and haven't touched in 6 months!

I have a collection of stories, poems, lies, etc., that I have accumulated over 60 years of life.

When I hit a block, I root through all of these until I get an idea. I find that with age, the desire and ability to create poetry thinned out in me. However, the desire to write "real stuff" grew. I don't get the hots for fiction. I like to write informational articles, opinions, essays, or cast out my wisdom for the world to latch onto.

PLEASE: TELL ME WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOU WRITE, WHERE IT IS, CAN I GO SEE IT, ETC.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?