Friday, February 28, 2020

 

If I Could Create True Poetry... And Other Poems By Donovan Baldwin... Written January 15, 2020

BY Donovan Baldwin

If I could create true poetry,
Wordless it would have to be,
Thoughts only possible within
This old poet's heart and mind,
Memories, experiences, wishes,
Beyond the bounds of language,
Which can never be found as marks
Upon pages which pass away with time.

-----

touch with lustful hands
embrace with demanding arms
kiss with fevered lips

-----

warm my mouth with yours
stain my lips with your kisses
color of nectar

-----

welcoming mistress
swelling bosom of the sea
ocean memory

-----

what finer pillow
than my dear love's own soft breast
where i rest my heart

-----

sing your song once more
the soft sweet one that won me
when first i heard it

-----

- Copyright February 2020 by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?