Wednesday, January 23, 2019

 

SHORT LOVE POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN January 23, 2019

THE SALT OF YOUR TEARS
You weep.
Not with sadness,
But, with the depth of your passion,
Responding to the love
I tried so poorly to explain...
Laughter on your face,
Tears in your eyes,
Upon your dear cheeks,
Gladly, I taste
The salt of your tears,
As I kiss each one...
Each silver drop of love.

-----

WORDS FAIL

Words fail.
I know what you are to me.
Who you are to me.
Who I am because of you,
But, there are no words that suffice,
Sufficient to the task of painting that picture,
Sharing the depth and intensity of all...
All...
You mean and are to me.
Perhaps my lack of words says more.

-----

COMPLETE ME

You did not complete me,
Make me whole.
Instead,
You stripped me,
Unveiled me,
Showed me the whole,
Entire,
Complete,
Me,
Made me look at myself, and
See what you saw,
What was there all the time.
I have always been complete,
You showed me
What the entirety of me
Truly is.

-----

IN DARKNESS

When darkness falls,
All seems senseless,
And there is no path,
You are my light,
My reason,
At your side,
The place I seek
Where I will be safe...
Forever.

-----

ONE LAST SOARING FLIGHT

One last soaring flight,
Leaving earth and care behind,
Seeking sunlight beyond the clouds,
Joined in this winged ecstasy,
By you, as tip to tip,
Our wings beat,
Higher and higher together,
Reaching to touch the sun,
And leave as one in
A golden blaze of glory,
Forever joined.

-----

SPIRIT WIND SPEAKS

Spirit wind speaks of secrets,
Known only to the moon,
And a few select elders
Of the people of the night,
Who share among themselves,
But not with mortals
A tale of two lovers,
Separated by sea and mountain,
Time and space and history,
Each lost and alone,
Who found each other.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?