Friday, December 31, 2021

 

ESSAY: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022

By Donovan Baldwin

I wrote the mini-essay below on December 31, 2018.

Oddly enough I was thinking similar thoughts this morning. Where I sit right now, in Fort Worth, Texas it is 7:20 AM, Friday, December 31, 2021. In Sydney, Australia, it is 12:20, Saturday, January 1, 2022.
In other parts of this world I live in, it's already a new day, with opportunities, terrors, and, I'm sure, a few hangovers... okay MANY hangovers.
Still, no matter what day it is, or hour OF the day, it IS the start of new time, and time is only measured by mankind, not by the Universe. So, it's YOUR time. Make of it what YOU will. You already in the New Year, get going... I'm right behind you... by a few hours.
------
Essay from December 31, 2018
I'm 73 [76 in 2021], going to be a year older in March. I know that it's easy, and fun, to try to make the new year better than the old one, but, the fact is, and it took me years, decades, to learn this, not just know it, but to feel it in my being... each day is the start of a new year.
The New Year, a fun thing to think about and celebrate, is just a date on a calendar arbitrarily drawn up by long dead humans who did not understand it themselves.
If you want to be "better", start tomorrow... the 1st, the 2nd, the 3rd, etc. Any day can be the start of a new future.
You will make mistakes, you will take two steps forward and one back, but, you can keep moving towards your goals. You don't need a new calendar year to get started.
Happy New Year... day, week, month, year... life.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?