Thursday, June 18, 2020

 

LISTENING TO EDITH PIAF, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN APRIL 22, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

LISTENING TO EDITH PIAF SING LA VIE EN ROSE

She sings in that raspy French voice
In a language whose words escape me,
But whose feelings echo through my soul,
Or, are the words meaningless sounds,
She converts to feelings with
That sultry so seductive voice,
The lips forming kisses at my ear,
The sounds penetrating deeply
Touching me as a lover would.

-----

If I love and desire you,
Should I not, as true lover
Love and desire all aspects,
Loving you in all possible,
Though, perhaps, not permitted ways,
Giving and receiving all that love,
Which may pass between us,
And surround us in whatever
Form and function our loving
May inspire or require?

-----

drift upon life's sea
as currents of poetry...
carry me away

-----

nature's many moods
gray today bright tomorrow...
always beautiful

-----

clouded with desires
aroused by touch and kisses...
i see her clearly

-----

heart scratched and burning
by sharp brambles of desire...
the fruit worth the pain

-----

far beyond the flesh
the pleasures within your arms...
loving in all ways

-----

if my hands dared touch
as often my words and thoughts...
you would know my love

-----

her gown falls open
can't look away nor would i...
i have often dreamed

-----

she sweetly returns
my kisses and caresses...
fruit of my labor

-----

as petals on skin
fingertips lightly brushing...
and so she blossoms

-----
Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Image: Edith Piaf, La Vie En Rose

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?