Monday, June 22, 2020

 

DEAR SINLESS MAIDEN, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN APRIL 25, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

Dear sinless maiden,
Innocently seductive,
Dancing with more
Than her body,
Lips singing a song,
A love song without words,
Eyes focused deeply
Within my soul
Reading my desires,
As I, entranced, fall into
The snare she weaves,
With that tempting gaze,
Swaying hips,
Bare flashing legs,
And panting bosom.

-----

Pages speak to me
Tales and knowledge
On those fluttering
Leaves which never fall
But turning, shower
Their falling words
Upon the waiting land
Ready to enter into
Eternal seasons of
Learning and reflection.

-----

neath the stars of night
old poet writes his love words...
burning in the dark

-----

My father had his Sunday hat,
His suit, his vest,
Pocket watch with chain and fob,
And that jaunty hat... fedora,
Stetson for workdays,
Until Kennedy came
And men
Quit wearing hats,
Until now when I
Wear my baseball cap,
Lacking the panache
Of Sunday fedoras,
And weekday Stetsons.

-----

two dreams become one
as in tangled sheets we lay...
fantasies fulfilled

-----

trembles not from fear
as love's storm overtakes her...
quivers with delight

-----

the moon will remain
long after we are away...
she will tell our tale

-----

Me and Morrissey,
And Johnny Wall,
Drew a circle in the dirt,
Circle long gone,
Morrissey dead
Two years ago,
And Johnny
God knows where,
Shot marbles,
Then spun our tops,
Or hit a few,
Playing roll-a-bat,
Boys being boys
In memories,
Over half a century old.

-----

Fire on the beach,
Moon high, so many stars,
The flames flickering
Lighting faces,
Laughing teens,
Singing folk songs,
Telling jokes,
Stepping into shadows,
For innocent moments
Of slap-and-tickle,
What boys and girls do,
Around a fire on the beach,
When love is easy to find.

-----

Waves my heartbeat,
Sun my temperature,
Wind my very breath,
Earth lives as I do,
And I as she,
For, without the beats
And breaths of nature,
Life would be so
Dead and dry,
I could not go on,
No cage for me,
No barred cell,
No celibacy, for I,
And nature are in love.

-----
Poetry Copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?