Friday, May 22, 2020

 

I FOUND A SIMPLE PENNY, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN APRIL 11, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

I found a simple penny,
To me, a poor man, riches,
Laying upon my path.
Carried it for luck,
For it could buy nothing more,
But, ever in my pocket,
It became the beginnings of,
A fortune I may someday have.

-----

freshly laundered sky
neat in colorful array...
this day's new raiment

-----

The world is a distant place,
Long hallways, echoing of
The voices of people I
Cannot see, words I
Cannot understand,
Trapped in my
Diseased mind
Lost in some place,
Deserted and left alone
Turning about and searching
For something that defines myself.

-----

world's a dark place for
strangers seeking warmth and light...
lonely universe

-----

when the music stopped
i never noticed silence...
words whisper to me

-----

I am not hurt by the disdain of strangers.
My pride depends upon the value,
I've decided and assigned myself,
And, should I please myself with
Good opinion or behavior,
Then I will rest at peace.

-----

When mortal clay loses
The water of its life
Back to dust it goes,
Leaving only echoes,
Among the living,
While useless husk,
Forever lifeless,
Has only words,
And pictures real
Or remembered
As other proof that
Once it was
Alive within the world.

----

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?