Saturday, April 25, 2020

 

SO MANY TIMES I'VE STOOD UPON THE SHORE, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN MARCH 27, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

So many times
I've stood upon the shore,
Gazing across endless waters
Hoping and dreaming
With the offshore wind
In my ears and
Against my face,
Promising adventure
While holding me back.
So often I have dreamed
Of sailing off
On an outblowing wind'
To seek my destiny.

-----

droplets on the wind
gray clouds rolling from the west...
fifteen percent chance?

-----

dracula retold...
i kissed your soft neck
and loved forever

-----

give the sun credit
he's trying to rise and shine
but clouds are winning

-----

full body contact
private personal massage
with happy ending

-----

Despite my poetic,
Fantastic bent of mind,
I am grounded, rooted,
Nailed to the floor,
Awash in reality,
Been and seen and done
Way too much
To live with
My head in the clouds
Unless I create them
Myself.

-----

just a tiny creek
too small to be a river
yet so full of life

-----

i watched seasons change
snow to green to red and gold
my private postcard

above the valley
i stopped each few months to see
earth change her raiment

nature's fine artwork
germany in younger days
memory today

-----

the lightest of breaths
important as the deepest...
the values of life

-----

earth has many songs
some far too quiet to hear...
but they can be felt

-----

silent music plays
dancer taps her dainty foot...
i hear the guitars

-----
Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Art: Painting, Along The Shore, by, William Trost Richards

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?