Tuesday, April 21, 2020

 

OLD SOLDIER AWAKES, AND OTHER POETRY BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN MARCH 22, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin


OLD SOLDIER AWAKES

Blurred visions, aches and pains,
As I awaken, goals and intentions,
And old enemies, filmy but firm
Worming their way into my increasing
Consciousness, creating challenges
I know I must overcome
Before reality sets in,
So, tiredly I don, the old familiar
Tattered and battered
Bulletproof armor
Which has served me so well,
These many decades, but,
Leaves the inner man,
Unprotected,
To fend for himself,
Using the tools and weapons,
Deceits and ruses, lies I tell myself
So that I may speak the truth to others.
Strategic deceptions, tactical prevarications
Which have kept both inner and outer man alive,
And at his post of duty, three quarters of a century.

-----

strip off the old you
look that look and walk that walk
flash me some sexy

-----

spill love over me
fill me to overflowing
help me drain the cup

-----

a kiss on my lips
you forgot it when you left
please come reclaim it

-----

Her: Come over. I'm naked and I'm horny.

Me: Don't #tease me, woman.

Her: I'm serious!

Me: Yeah, sure!

Her: I've got cheap red wine and a new book of erotic poetry to read to you.

Me: I'll be right there!!!

-----

we must kiss with words
touching with warm thoughts and dreams
lovers kept apart

-----

strongly shaken by
visceral exaltation
pleasing pulsations

-----

lips and breaths mingled
playful kisses and touches
bodies caressing

-----

gleaming string of pearls
love's soft translucent necklace
adorn her bosom

-----

her goblet of wine
she refills at my desire
and tips to my lips

-----

she's done nothing wrong
deserving a tongue lashing
yet it's what she wants

-----

teach me other ways
i learn by doing, my love
take me down your path

-----

rain on bare bodies
hot with mutual passion
natural desires

-----
Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Art: Painting, Old Soldier by Lev Vitkovsky

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?