Wednesday, April 15, 2020

 

MUSICIANS LAY DOWN LICKS, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN, WRITTEN MARCH 16, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

postage stamp size stage
three musicians lay down licks
flashback 66

quarter mile away
monterey bay deep and cool
like their cool jazz man

cold beer hot music
cigarette smoke laying low
portrait by lautrec

-----

opening her heart
to the heat of his desire
she succumbs to lust

-----

two simple desires
spread your love all over me
blossom for yourself

-----

So many ways
To declare
Your heart,
No right or wrong.
It is not sin
To take pleasure in
The many forms of love,
Most sublime,
Most carnal,
For in giving all
Revealing innermost
Secrets,
Needs and wants,
You show and share,
Your true beauty
Of the woman you are,
With me, and,
Make me lover.

-----

Driven by new realities
Forced to reconsider
Choices and options,
Frightened at the
Supposed loss
Of who we are...
Were...
Excited at
The opportunity,
To raise from
The ashes of adversity,
Reborn to a new world
Only dreamed about,
Fantasy until now.

-----

She sleeps peacefully,
Unaware of my desire,
As, fighting my urges,
My wanting her,
I gently cover
Her naked form,
Which I desire
So badly to touch,
To kiss, caress,
To make sweet love to,
With the sheet,
Hiding her from me,
And piquing my heat,
And congratulate myself
On an expression of love
She will never hear of.

-----

Can't find 'em any more
Like in the 60's,
Restaurants on the beach,
No air conditioning,
Dark and cool inside,
Lots of room and shadows,
Sunlight filtered golden
Like the cold beer
In the sweating mugs,
Juke box music muted
By the wind in the windows
And the sound of the sea.

-----

buy the cheap one dear
only need it for a while
'til i rip it off

-----

mermaid shakes her tail
water glistening on flesh...
i think she's caught me

-----

Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Art: At The Moulin Rouge by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?