Monday, April 27, 2020

 

I HAVE A PASSION FOR THE EARTH, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN MARCH 29, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

I have a passion for the earth
For all the aspects of nature,
Visiting as often as I can,
Taking away visions and memories,
Skies changing from blue to black,
And back again, golden sun
Rising and setting with silent bursts
Of flaming colors brassy
Pastels leaving their impressions
On eyes and soul....

Of grassy fields, trees green
In spring, bare and solemn
In winter, flowers blooming
Bright and gay, to die away,
Before the heat of summer,
Or blasts of winter winds...

To listen to the songs of birds,
The quacking of the ducks
And even the inharmonious
Screech of the wide winged heron,
And the hidden owl in the dark...

And for water, in all its forms
From stream to river
Pond and lake and even,
To the cascading rain
Which drums a tune that
Makes the most hardened soul,
Stop what they're doing,
To watch a bit and hum along,
With this symphony of nature.

-----

chilly this morning
cuddling and snuggling in bed...
we make our own heat

-----

sunrise in window
changing picture in a frame...
dawn exhibition

sunrise beside me
throwing her covers aside...
dawn exhibition

she makes me arise
turning towards her i display...
dawn exhibition

-----

curious fingers
explore down so softly warm
tangled in her web

-----

two lovers embrace
beyond all earthly power
true love conquers all

-----

I shouted, "Who are you?" to the winds
Which blew in from the ocean,
Never expecting a reply.
I muttered, "Where are you?" to the sands,
Crunching beneath my feet.
I wondered at the night sky,
"Why must I be alone?"
And, then one day,
The sky said, "Turn around and look."
The sand said, "Listen for her voice."
The wind blew you to me,
And I knew your name was "Love".

-----

I started drawing lines,
The lines became words
The words became poetry,
And, from the poetry,
A face sprang up and
Spoke back to me in poetry,
And we wove our words
Creating a volume,
A body of work, in which,
Two bodies became one,
And made love with words.

-----

Poetry by Donovan Baldwin
Picture: Idyllic Stream, photograph by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?