Saturday, April 11, 2020

 

BODY FULL OF LOVE, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN MARCH 12, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

body full of love
she dances to ancient tunes
carnal melodies

-----

our words wrapped round us
we become old poetry
read by young lovers

-----

There were times and places,
Moments of mad exhilaration,
Headlong slides downward,
Into deep black depression,
Yet, soldiering on, I moved,
One step at a time into,
This future me that I have
Become, made by myself
And those deadly things
Nietzsche warned about,
Which could not kill me.

-----

to hear wind and rain
the timpani of the storm
playing percussion

-----

words pressed to bosom
she speaks back to me with looks
that tell me she knows

-----

glimmering pearl beads
resting on her rising breasts
inviting my gaze

-----

my thoughts are of you
even though so far away
your caressing words

-----

we shocking lovers
innocently indecent
affectionate lust

-----

dance with me once more
our warm bodies tightly joined
feet barely moving

-----

Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Art: The Muse Terpsichore by Johann Heinrich Tischbein

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?