Monday, April 06, 2020

 

ARTISTS PAINT FIGURES IN THE NUDE, AND OTHER POETRY BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN MARCH 7, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

Artists paint figures
In the nude,
Stripped of clothing,
Because the human
Is a beautiful work of art,
I suppose,
But to show the moment,
The thought,
The action,
Without distraction,
Although bare flesh
Can be its own
Sweet distraction.
I, poet, strip my thoughts,
So you can see their
Bare beauty.

-----

my distant lover
may only be touched by words
she smiles as i write

-----

clinging filmy cloth
leaves no doubt of womanhood...
happy i who see

-----

so lacking control
when your lips and hands take charge
and i become yours

-----

you say i'm strong but
after your ardent touches
i'm left weak and drained

-----

timeless pas de deux
ancient ritual of love
from cave to penthouse

-----

intimate lover
revealing all her passions
feeding my desires

-----

my words were only
dreams and fantasies until
you called me poet

-----

she hides her body
but gladly reveals herself
to her lover's eyes

-----

her buds peek shyly
rising at my interest
and admiration

-----

she has spent her years
learning secrets of loving...
she sweetly reveals

-----

my hands slowly pass
touching soft curves of my love...
learning her secrets

-----

Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Art: Model Seated In The Artist's Studio, Circa 1910, by Paul Gustave Fischer

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?