Friday, April 10, 2020

 

A DRESS ONLY I CAN SEE, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN MARCH 11, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

my mind's hands fashion
a beautiful dress for you
only i can see

you my model stand
erect and proudly naked...
i measure and cut

setting loving words
against your most precious skin
smoothing them in place

-----

your body to mine
most intimate of contacts
sharing essences

-----

her bodice open
as damsel in old poems
encouraging touch

-----

we climb a mountain
panting as one to the top
crying out take flight

-----

she hides not herself
but stepping proudly forward
dares me do the same

-----

clouds across the moon
only hide it for a while
its beauty remains

-----

drunk on love's warm wine
her dancing speaks of places
beyond mere pleasure

-----

take my hands in yours
your eyes upon mine tell me
show me all your needs

-----

if i touch my heart
will the one so far away
feel my fingers grasp

-----

her wanton glances
amorous tales she whispers...
her passionate heart

-----

Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin
Art: Madame X by John Singer Sargent

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?