Friday, March 06, 2020

 

CLING THIS CLOSE TO ME, AND OTHER POEMS WRITTEN JANUARY 22, 2020 BY DONOVAN BALDWIN

By Donovan Baldwin

Dido and Aeneas
cling this close to me
surrender tell me you're mine
let us live in love

Art: Dido and Aeneas by Jean Baptiste Germain

-----

no one touches me
eyes are dimmed and i grow deaf
as i disappear

-----

I sit in awe
As I listen to,
The sermon of the storm,
Reminding me,
Egotistical human,
Ruler of the universe,
Or so, I crave to believe,
That there are powers
Greater than my own.

-----

upon tender breast
i rest head and hand and heart
neath her caresses

-----

Cold gray day,
Brings old memories,
From over half a century,
Mama turning up the heat
Before we rose at dawn,
Bedrooms freezing cold
With but a floor furnace
So far away, on with
Robes and slippers
To stand shivering,
Over the rising heat,
As she fixed breakfast.

-----

Never seek to judge
Upon someone else's
Claim of beauty.
Judge with your heart,
And find the beauty,
That touches upon
Your soul, not your eyes,
For that beauty will remain,
And can never be questioned.

-----

wind came stole my leaves
taught them a seductive dance
they performed for me

(image leaves on the wind)
-----

assault of kisses
bold onslaught of caresses
cause my submission

-----

i write many words
woven into coverings
hide naked desire

-----

i fear not the thorns
for your blossom is a prize
earned but with honor

-----

my private pageant
one contestant and one prize
you are the winner

-----

literary thoughts
seem literal facts to some
let's not forget that

-----

i truly envy
recipient of your love
hoping he is me

-----

walking on hot sand
boy matured into manhood
at the ocean's edge

-----

children learn on swings
many skinned knee lessons and
cooperation

-----




Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?