Monday, March 23, 2020

 

BIG WHITE BIRD ON WING, AND OTHER POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN FEBRUARY 22, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

big white bird on wing
feet and wingtips tiptoeing
across pond's surface

-----

don't let go of me
feeling your heart holding tight
helps me to hold on

-----

clad only in thoughts
old memories in the air
caressing my skin

-----

the rain starts falling
orchestra starts playing with
nature's tambourine

-----

quiet water waves
warm breezes trickling shoreward
meditation bay

-----

sea becomes the sky
misleading the human eye
to eternity

-----

Blurry visions as I awaken
Goals and intentions
Filmy but firm,
Worming their way
Into my increasing
Consciousness,
Creating challenges
I know I must overcome
Before reality sets in,
And I don my
Tattered and cracked,
Semi-bulletproof armor
Which has served me so well
These many decades, but,
Leaving the inner man
To fend for himself,
Using the skills and weapons,
Deceits and ruses,
Which have served so well,
Keeping me alive these
Three quarters of a century.

-----

Poetry copyright 2020 by Donovan Baldwin

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?