Thursday, August 16, 2018

 

As I Read Through Social Media Comments I Start To Feel Bad

By: Donovan Baldwin

Sometimes as I read through comments on social media sites, I start to feel bad. So many other people are posting comments that offer deep and important thoughts on life, business, politics, religion, the economy... etc.

Here I sit, chatting about climbing trees and swimming in Pensacola Bay as a boy.

I could get a feeling of value if I was an "entertainer", someone who could make people laugh and forget their troubles... or a Will Rogers kind of guy who poked humorous holes in the conceits of the rich, famous, and powerful.

Bothered me for a while.

Then, I came to realize something. Perhaps there was a niche, a need, for someone who thought the simple things were important enough to talk about, think about. Someone who thought that thoughts did not always have to start at the highest levels and tackle the toughest problems... answering the most burning questions... or even the simple little day to day ones.

So, that's who I am... old guy who still enjoys climbing trees (in his mind), walking the shore by the bay, feeling the wind, listening to the birds, and wondering what's for dinner.

I figure THAT'S important too... just being human... being A human.

Plenty of people taking on the tough questions, and plenty of entertainers... BUT, there's only ONE of me!

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?