Saturday, July 21, 2018

 

What WAS I Thinking?

By: Donovan Baldwin

I often think about what others may be going through...things I might not be aware of.

When I was driving over the road in a big truck, I saw many (MANY) drivers do stupid, dangerous things, apparently oblivious to the situation they were creating...or entering.

Being a normal male, I would get angry and start fussing.

My team driver at the time would say, "It's just a snapshot. A picture of them at this moment."

Did you ever have a photo made that afterwards you looked at, minutes or years later, and asked yourself, "What WAS I thinking?" Or, "Could I have a do-over?" Your mind probably went to your most recent photo for your driver's license.

I think back over some of the things I've done in my life, remarks, clothes, attitudes, and one icy mountain pass in Europe on a cold, dark night in particular, and have those thoughts.

Perhaps the person was rushing to the bed of a dying relative, or a doctor on the way to save that dying person, or...well, a lot of things.

Point is, we make choices at each moment of our lives. Sometimes the choice is not the best because of youth, ignorance, blindness to facts, and other factors...some we control, some we don't.

I guess we've all made others angry or upset by these acts, but, we don't want our entire lives to be judged by the times we've been the fool.

We deserve forgiveness and so do they.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?